What I’ve learned going into Day 2 without him:
1. I control my own happiness. Though my heart is heavy and my body tired…I am still able to smile.
2. I want him in my life. I don’t NEED another person to be happy…but I believe it says a lot to truly want someone beside you.
3. Every memo was real, and the voracity is true. I listen to them often. They’re helping me navigate through these tough waters.
4. Maybe we just need to adjust our current thought patterns to slow things down. I know how daunting all of this has been for him…I mean, for me as well, but I believe I’m more adept at fielding this type of unique situation.
5. This is special, and I think it would be foolish of us to let such a gift be squandered or dismissed.
6. One day at a time is the best advice I can give myself.
7. I miss laughing with him. I miss our talks.
8. Some of us speak through music…and our playlist is 🔥🔥🔥
9. I trust him, and I truly believe that he’ll work his way through this tangle of emotion and come out better on the other side. I can do “temporary space” when I know he’ll be stronger for it.
10. The one thing I’m hoping for, is that he’s taking into account the emotional, as well as the logical side of things. Balance. That’ll be the key.
11. I would wait an eternity, if it only meant he’d come back to me more confident, healthier, and better equipped to handle what may come.